Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

Happy New Years! It is 2011.. and there are so many things to look back and remember from the last year and so much to look forward to, yet I feel so happy to just relish in the moment of now. My roommate, Bethany, and I have found ourselves without internet at home so we took a short trip to Panera to use their wifi and share a free chocolate pastry with her rewards card. Yummy :)
Memories to relish from this last year must include my Grandma Hodges, a lovely woman who gave her life to help others and contribute up until she was forced to stop. Now she can run and fly in heaven with God like she wished when I last saw her. I miss her, but I feel as if the realization hasn't quite set in yet that when I go in a week to visit the Northwest I won't be able to visit her or hug her like before.
Another dear memory from last year would include living in Togo, West Africa. So many memories from teaching kindergarten and french and walking around Kara to go to the market or the missionaries homes.
Life is so different from what I expected. I suppose I expected life to be different after college, harder in ways it isn't hard and easier in ways it isn't easy. The challenges I have met have made me stronger and more prepared for the next steps on this journey and I look forward to what the new year will bring.
So many dreams and wishes... and this time offers a great chance to write out my desires and goals for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment