Friday, January 28, 2011

Goodbye to the Desk...



Goodbye to my room... Goodbye to my beautiful apartment... Hello to two more great roommates :D Bethany and I are happy to be welcoming two new roommates to our apartment and be switching to a three bedroom apartment to accommodate the change! Julia and Deborah will now be living with us and I am excited for what the change will bring- how I will be challenged and how I will grow through the little sacrifices I'll have to make now that I'll be sharing my spaces once again :) I'm really excited about that though! I know I won't have my room to myself anymore and get to hide my messiness in my bedroom, but that will teach me to be more organized and neater with how I keep things. I think it will be a wonderful growing experience and I have always loved sharing my room before... I used to always choose to share a room with Anna whenever I visited the Northwest :)

So because the space will be limited in the new apartment and room I'll be sharing with Bethany-- I decided that my free project should be thrown out. I realized after having it for this week that the smell was not dissipating as I had hoped and all the "treatments" I had given the desk of cleaning to rid the odor had only helped my room smell a bit better... so I'm moving on without the desk and I'm gonna focus my energy on other things such as working and cleaning and packing!

Bethany and Julia both helped me disassemble my desk and carry down the drawers to start the demolition job. Getting the desk into the dumpster was a little more difficult task since it had to be tilted through the small opening on the side of the dumpster. Julia helped by climbing to the top of the dumpster to open the lid so we could angle the desk just right to drop it in :)





No comments:

Post a Comment