Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mountain


We hiked up to the top of a mountain that overlooks Kabiyeland today. It was a hard hike, but definitely worth it. Once to the top we sat on a huge rock and sang together. It was beautiful to hear all the interns and missionaries voices harmonize with one another. The beauty of the trees and even the vibrant colors of the dirt continually surprise me. At the end of our hike we saw a chamelion which I was able to hold for a while, the Kabiye think they are poisonous, so the locals probably thought I was crazy while I helped carry it down the mountain for the missionary school :) This has truly been an amazing week, hope you all are doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I am so glad you are traveling safely and having a great time. We missed you the last day of the reunion, but I am sure this is where God wants you to be. I look forward to reading more about your trip and seeing you in August

    ReplyDelete