Sunday, November 27, 2011

With Eyes that See




I am thankful now for all I see-- for friends and for family. Where do I belong? Wherever I am. How will I be strong? The Great I am.


This thanksgiving was a huge blessing to be with my eldest brother, his wife and his mother-in-law. I helped cook the turkey, mashed potatoes, green beens and we had a marvelous feast. I felt reminded over and over of the abundance of God's provisions for me. I will never want for anything because God provides for me. The only time I will ever feel lack is when I seek provision from the wrong source. Such as happiness from a wallet or joyfulness from having a friend. Instead when my joy and happiness rest on the Father-- He never disappoints or fails me. Not that life is easy because it isn't. Life hurts sometimes and it is hard, but I learn so much from the hard days and from the pains of life. I realize what I am truly made for isn't all this.


The holidays are always rough when away from family. I remember getting physically sick when I was little when my parents left me at friends for the night. I'd always end up with an earache and fever or something... Now my heart just gets sick.

My strength and hope must be in more than relationships, friends and even family. It must be in the Lord and my hope will be on solid ground.

I am thankful that I have faith that God is mighty enough that even my lack and my failures cannot ruin the destiny and purpose He has for me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment