Thursday, January 7, 2010

Rain

Today I realized how much I miss rain. I haven't seen or felt a raindrop since November... and I'm not sure I have ever gone this long without rain. After all, I was born and raised in the Northwest and spent my early years playing in the beautiful downpours that the weather there offers. So many of my favorite memories from college are in the rain, running around and puddle jumping with friends :) Well, soon enough I will be back in the states and wishing the drizzles would stop and wishing for a sunny day.

About the previous post, I have no great photos of the lion although I saw it on two occasions-- once a bit too close for comfort, but it is a lion in the last photo... that photo shows how great at hiding in the grass these large cats are! If you want to see better photos check out Jacque or Bethany's blogs and for the story of our encounter with these deadly animals check out Jacque's post which details our amazing courage.. haha.

Jacque's Post = http://lifeafterharding.blogspot.com/2010/01/bed-time-story.html

Bethany's Post = http://bethanyintransit.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/penjari-safari/

After getting over a stomach bug at the beginning of the week, school officially began this last Tuesday for me and the kindergartners :) I also enjoyed a week of roommate birthdays and birthday cake!

Happy Birthday Jacque and Bethany!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been ill.
    About the lion picture. Can you re-upload it so that clicking on it gives the full size picture like the rest. Only the thumbnail is available right now.

    Love you. -Your Big Brother

    ReplyDelete