Sunday, January 13, 2013

The light of His hope is constant.

My Grandpa Hug went to meet God face to face in glory Saturday morning after 92 years of serving God here.

He has prayed for me by name each night along with my many other cousins, aunts, and uncles.

One thanksgiving my Hug grandparents were over and we went around the table sharing what we were thankful for. As the tradition at our house often goes, we started with the youngest child and went around by age. We had heard everyone share their "I am thankful for.." and then it was Grandpa's turn. The table grew silent. Then he looked around at all of us and said how thankful he was that each of his descendants were following Jesus and loved the Lord. As he spoke he began to weep out of his deep gratitude to God for blessing him.

When visiting the small town where my grandparents lived I have always been known as Bernal and Virginia's granddaughter wherever I go. His life brought honor to his family through his humility and his love for his community.

I wish I could tell him today how inspiring his life was to me as a child and even now as I walk with the Lord. I don't need to though. Papa God is whispering beautiful words to him right now as I write this. Right now as I weep, my Papa is revealing the eternal inheritance my Grandpa has in heaven and showing him each and every treasure that was hidden above during his life on earth. I imagine it could take an eternity, but they have all the time they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment